I had the pleasure of speaking at TEDxVillanovaU on Friday, October 23, 2015. I shared the stage with 9 other people who talked about topics including racial bias, stories of Black women who lived prior to Emancipation, biogas, and caregiving for family as they age. I am happy I didn’t miss out on this opportunity and was able to be part of a larger community of people who took the risk to share their idea worth spreading. And I looked cute!
Here are (only) 5 lessons I took from the experience:
- Courage comes after you do the thing you are afraid of.
- The energy you put forth is the energy you receive.
- It is okay to want support and affirmation for others.
- Learn to accept compliments and feedback without qualification
- There is Value in Vulnerability.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, a topic suggestion, or feedback, please send an email to email@example.com.
And don’t forget to share, rate, and review!